What to Expect at Your First Appointment
Before your First Visit
- Click to Make Appointment
- Completethis paperwork and bring it with you to your appointment. If you are unable to bring it with you please arrive 5 (FIVE) minutes early to complete them.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing that can be rolled up to your elbows and knees. You will not need to undress.
- Appointments generally take a hour, but can take longer ( visits generally last as long as you’d like to stay), so please plan accordingly.
At the Clinic:
Please speak at a low whisper in the treatment room.
- Check in at the front desk if it’s staffed. If it isn’t just take a seat and relax in the waiting room, we’ll be with you shortly.
- If you need to complete your paperwork, take a pen and clipboard from the desk and complete the attached forms.
While waiting pay for your service at the payment station or if you would be more comfortable you may wait for the acupuncturist before paying.
- To pay by cash or check: write your first name on an envelope with dry erase marker, put cash or check in the envelope, and place the envelope in the basket to the right when you enter the treatment room. Please bring the exact amount you would like to pay.
- To pay by card: On the white payment kiosk, select ‘ACUPUNCTURE’, then select the AMOUNT you would like to pay ($15-40), press ‘+‘, next select ‘$10 New’ (first visit only), then press the plus sign (+). SWIPE your card though the white square, making sure the magnetic strip is facing the back and closest to the device. When asked to sign, use your finger to sign the signature line on the screen. You will be asked if you would like a receipt sent via text or email. Select ‘No Thanks’ if you do not want a receipt. If you have any problems, don’t worry we can help. We do not give yearly receipts so make sure to enter your info if you would like them.
- Take as many blankets as you need & a headrest cover (if you want one) from the shelf.
- Choose a reclining chair that has a colored card on it.
- Remove any watches or bracelets that may interfere with us placing needles on the lower portion of your limbs.
- Place your belongings and the colored card in the basket behind your chair.
- Roll up your shirt sleeves and pants to just above the elbows and knees.
- Recline your chair, relax, and your assessment and treatment will begin shortly.
- We have ambient music and white noise machines in the treatment room; you are welcome to bring iPods or other personal listening devices. People do snore sometimes; if snoring or people moving about in the room bothers you, consider bringing an iPod or earphones. You are also welcome to bring your own neck pillows or blankets if you prefer them to ours. The lighting is dim but some people like to bring sleep masks.
During your consultation, your acupuncturist will review your Health History and ask questions that will help identify the appropriate treatment. This is done at your chair speaking quietly. There is music playing and white noise machines. On you return visit we will do a check-in at the chair also. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. You will be ready to begin your treatment.
You’re done! On the way out, place the headrest cover in the bag and shake out and fold the blanket(s). Let us know if you’d like to schedule a follow-up visit or you can do this online.
Acupuncture is a process. While there are those that respond in 1 or 2 treatments most conditions, especially chronic conditions, will take several treatments. To gain a better understanding of the process please take a look at the following article. HOW TO MAKE ACUPUNCTURE WORK
Thanks, we’re glad you’re making acupuncture part of your care.
Acupuncture: To sustain our low-cost clinic, we depend on having a busy schedule and giving a high volume of acupuncture treatments.
Please notify us of any changes or cancellations at least 24 hours before your appointment time, so that another person can re-book your time slot.
If you must cancel with less than 24 hours notice, we request that you make a suggested donation of at least 1/2 (half) the amount you would have paid for your treatment to help cover our costs.
The donation can be made at your next clinic visit. If you have prepaid sessions, you can also ask us to mark off one of your prepaid treatments on file to cover your missed appointment. If you frequently miss or cancel appointments, we may need to ask you to walk-in for treatments rather than schedule appointments.